Saturday, September 16, 2017

Saturday Thoughts and Prayers; 415 Media Message to Readers

Image result for man in suit feeling anxious

Been a rough last three days; normally, I back off writing heavy personal stuff because I don't want to use it to elicit sympathy. But so many of you have e-mailed and sent notes, ok, so I'll be up front.

On Thursday morning, my mother fell and hit her head. She was dazed and was bleeding on the right side of her temple. She was conscious, thank god, but my sisters took her to the doctor and hospital. She's OK but had to have five stitches. She'll be fine which is good since I'm a wreck. 

Mom is so darn strong --she's feeling a lot better and is really ticked off because she fell. I swear. As many of you know, falling is a major medical issue for elderly people. Mom just had her 95th birthday on Aug 26. She looks great. And she's 100% lucid even after the fall but we can't have her falling. She knows that.

Reminds me of a great line by Judge Judy: "If you wanna live, don't fall." 

I want to get some things off my chest. 

My mom needs me now more than ever even though she's so amazingly independent. She walks, she gets around, she's going to be all right. Somehow, someway.

THANKS...AGAIN...to all of you that wrote/e-mailed your concern. Again, I didn't want to make this an issue. It's all too personal but some of you who read me and come here to expect a media column I wanted to let you know we're good for now.

The gist of 415 Media is made available so I can be close to her and help her out in times of need. Thursday was one of those days. We have help from nurses but not enough. Limited insurance means. It sucks. But we'll persevere, mom too, she's not ready to leave yet.

Thank God.

If all goes well, (thanks Jim Eason) I'll be back on Monday with your normal 415 Media that you love and look forward to.

One more time: THANK YOU ALL for caring and sending along your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You All. 

Rich@415 Media







10 comments:

  1. Rich,

    All the best to you, your sisters, and your wonderfully fortitudinous mom. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, your elderly mother is more serious than this website. Please spend even minute taking care of her if you can. I had a love one who recently fell and thank goodness, they are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich, so happy your Mom feeling better. Thank god you have sisters to help your mother and share the burden. I'm sure your sisters are a great help. You're lucky you can work and have siblings to share the burden. Thankfully, it's not all on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and take care of your mother

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rich, your Mom is a trooper. Early this week I fell out of bed and hit my neck on the night stand. Thanks in part to my 7olb lab hogging the bed. Blood aside am okay but am not 95. It's still maddening to fall. My aunt fell out of bed and eventually to have hip replacement. She's 87 now and fine. Everyone be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a religious man, but I do wish the best for your Mom, and positive energy going her way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn I wish Eason would do maybe a 2-5 min Commentary every week on KSFO. Of if he is living up here in Placer Co maybe on the weak KFBK or even weaker 1380.

    ReplyDelete